Thursday, April 1, 2021

January 3. KIntaikyo and Kikko Park

             This is one of our favorite places in Iwakuni.  The Kintaikyo ( kyo means bridge) drew me in to this place.  When we were considering Iwakuni, this bridge was so stunning to me and came to my mind every time I thought about the possibility of living in this rural town in Japan.  Its only 15 minutes from our house and crosses over the beautiful Nishiki River.  I don't think I'll ever get sick of visiting this place.  The boys never tire of playing at the water: collecting rocks, throwing rocks, finding sticks.  I'm excited for them to be able to get into the water again when it wasrms up. 
Just across the road from the bridge is Kikko park.  This park is at the bottom of a mountain and has several really pretty fountains.  There is lots of green space for the kids to run and explore, and there are a couple of ice cream shops that we have to walk past on the way out, and of course we usually stop for a sweet treat.
Enjoy the pics!























 

No comments:

Post a Comment