Thursday, August 6, 2020

How is quarantine going??

I'll tell you.  We all wake up ridiculously early, because our boys, for some reason, still think that is ok.  Insects are a part of our every day life.  I say "close the door" about a thousand times a day.  Yesterday, on an occasion when one of the little ones left the door open for who knows how long, we saw our first giant cockroach in our family room.  😣  So, so gross.  I cry every. single. day.  I'm not joking. Sometimes more than once a day.  This is what happens when you're seriously short on sleep, stuck in a home with three rowdy underslept boys who fight and scream at each other (and your home is a concrete echo chamber😖), you're on the other side of the world from your closest friends and family so you can't call and get that load off your chest anytime of day, and your husband is working in the home 8-5, so you're left to manage the chaos basically on your own.  I definitely need an extra 12 hours of sleep, and a day away from the kiddos.  I love my family.  I love my family.  I love my family.  I love my family.
We have one whole week left.😳

On the plus side:
    I can and sometimes do stay in my pajamas all day every day. 😏     
    I've brought daily prayer and scripture study back into my life.  I'm ashamed to admit that I let my  spiritual habits slip over the last month and a half.  I blame the chaos of moving overseas during a pandemic and everything that entails, but I really needed that spiritual power the most when I chose to let it go. Its amazing how fast our footholds in the gospel erode when we stop using them.
    I've been the recipient of many acts of service, and if there is anything I need, I have no other option but to ask for help.  As one who doesn't typically ask for help, this was a little difficult at first, but I cannot go out and get things I need.  So I either reach out, or stay stuck with what I lack.  I'm just so so grateful that there are many who are standing by for anything we may need.  I did ask a friend if there was a way to make time go faster - that was the first request I've made so far that could not be fulfilled. haha!
    I started reading a book (first book I've started in a while)titled The Heavens are Open by Wendy W. Nelson (our prophets wife).  She is an elect lady and is so inspired! I have a lot to learn from her.  Her chapter on zero contention was meant for me. 

 



So, there's some really hard stuff, and some really good stuff.  I'm grateful for the things I'm learning, but I definitely don't want to ever have to quarantine for 14 days again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment