Monday, October 1, 2012

Date Night!

I may not be a marriage expert, but I have a firm belief that most couples need to have fun together as often as possible to stay sane and happy.  Its so easy to get stuck in the monotony of a routine and forget what its like to go out and play together. 
On Saturday, we took the night off from homework and chores to have some fun.  A friend recommended a french restaurant nearby called La Provence, so we decided to try it out.  The prices were surprisingly reasonable so we endulged in some fabulous french food including Shrimp linguini, Chicken cordon bleu, chocolate cake, and a french cookie fondu.  The service was great and the food was soooo gooood!  Nothing like having a great dining experience with my sweetheart.
I had been dying to go to the movies.  Not to see any movie in particular, but just to go see a movie.  In Boise, we would go see a movie at the cheap theater almost once a week.  We have yet to find a cheap theater around here.  We've been in Oregon for over a month and still haven't gone to the movies!  I think I was having withdrawals, haha.  We headed over to the theater and got tickets for the Bourne Legacy that didn't start for another hour and a half.  We walked around the Bridgeport plaza - kind of like an outlet mall, but a lot of higher end stores.  It was nice to walk around in the cool fall air before our movie started. 
Blake has a secret love affair with old school shoot 'em up arcade games, and he had a hunch he might find some at the theater.  Sure enough......   he found them.
We spent a good portion of our time in the game room.  I get a kick out of watching Blake turn into a kid with such intensity playing these games.  I guess he has to take advantage of them when he can since we don't have any kind of gaming systems at home.
 

After some good times playing games, we watched the movie.  I was thoroughly entertained by the Bourne Legacy.  No one would have guessed that Jeremy Renner is a makeup artist when he's not acting - multi talented for sure.
It was a great date night, and I can't wait til our next one!  I will be sure to bring our actual camera next time so we don't have to rely on the camera phone :) 

4 comments:

  1. Fun! Missed you during the womens conference. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaylene- I was also thinking about our girls night stuff that we have done throughout the years during the priesthood session. Ugh, I miss my cuzins.

      Delete
  2. Yay for date nights! I have PLENTY of ideas if you need any! We've dedicated the last year to exploring this place and finding lots of cheap and super fun dates. You can look at my blog! http://mrandmrswhiting.blogspot.com/

    Plus we should double. :) Also, if you go to the Tigard Regal Cinemas (over by Costco) they have matinee pricing all day on Tuesdays! Great date night. Also, check Groupon, LivingSocial and Sharing Spree out. They send emails everyday and have awesome date ideas. If you love movies, look for Groupons to Cinetopia-- the most AMAZING theater with sofas and recliners. So fun. Anyway, glad you guys are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alysha - Thanks for the tips! I'm grateful for suggestions, and I agree, we should definitely double sometime.

      Delete